Thursday, May 28, 2009

(0) Comments

The New York Mets "Vote" All-Star Game Campaign

SS

I mentioned last night that I thought it was absurd that the Mets want us to vote for Jeremy Reed.  I don't feel like jumping through mlb.com's registering hoops to see who is on the ballot, but I'm guessing Reed isn't.  Do they really want us to write him in????  Really????
 
DyHrdMET has left a new comment on your post "Live from New York Mets Citi Field Where They Want...":

I noticed the "Vote xxx" graphics on the video screen a couple weeks ago too. Did you happen to notice if they had "Vote Santana", knowing that you can't actually vote for a pitcher?
 
I did not notice a Santana image.  I didn't notice the campaign at all until late in the game...I did percieve David Wright and Castillo.  They did not encourage us to vote for Pagan.
 
 
Adam Solomon has left a new comment on your post "Live from New York Mets Citi Field Where They Want...":

When I was last at Citi (Livan's win over Pittsburgh), they had "VOTE SANTOS" on the scoreboard for Omir. Don't think he was on the ballot, either. I was completely happy to write him in, though :)

Doubt the same love goes for Reed, for most fans.
 
I like Santos too.  I think we all do, his numbers aren't awesome but there's something that seems clutch about him.  (Well, clutch home runs will do that).
 
However, can we really be expected to vote for platoon players?  It's one thing to ask me to vote for Boostillo, at least he plays every day - but Santos?  Reed?
 
....
 
Random stuff:
 
I still think Jerry should have just said "Tatis, right field," and not another thing after the rookie didn't run.
 
Fun blog to check out:  homerderby.com   They complain about watermelon hats and that sort of thing.
 

0 Responses to "The New York Mets "Vote" All-Star Game Campaign"

Post a Comment