1. When did you start following the Mets?
1982; the summer the Yankees let Reggie Jackson go.
2. What is your favorite Mets memory?
At Shea during game 6. It was the best sports moment I'll ever be a witness to and the best moment I've ever had with my father.
3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?
Tie: The end of 2001; Armando's meltdown after the team fought so hard and seeing Dwight, Darryl and Coney wearing Yankee uniforms.
4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what would it be?
I'd like ownership to stop making the team Jeff's special project and let baseball people run it. As much as it's their right to make money off the product, the brand really belongs to the hearts of everyone who's been following them for years. It's not right that one guy gets to cut his teeth on something so valuable to so many.
5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing you would change?
It's more a concept than a thing. I would introduce tradition to the franchise. One single classic uniform with the 86 uniforms on Sundays, banner day, old timer’s day and a commitment to winning.
Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com