Before we dive into the recap of this week's most popular articles, a word about blogging. I'm increasingly seeing the mainstream media digging at blogs. So let me explain this particular site. I claim no expertise. I do not claim anything on here to be news. It's a fan-site. I'm a Mets fan like you. Some days I'm happy, some days sad, some days mad. I don't have Jerry's cellphone number, I'm not in the locker room every day, I don't have access to scouting reports. Just a fan. A fan that sits in the upper deck and knows that I can't see the left fielder. A fan who thinks blue letters on a black shirt don't look good. That's all. This is entertainment, and I hope some folks enjoy it. So if later today I write the Mets should trade Johan Santana for Jim Fregosi and someone in a newspaper wants to say I'm dumb and uniformed...go for it.
On the flip-side, on a day like today I feel like a dopey blogger like myself actually does make a difference. Maybe I don't know too much about John Lackey's injury potential....but complaining about a lack of player banners does matter.
Now that my rant is done, some good stuff is coming up this week. The three-part Mets Turkeys series kicks off tomorrow, and Tuesday there's a great guest article with some fan-created uniform ideas. Along the way I will continue to past more fan responses to the Five Questions For Average Mets fans which was the lead story this week. Here's this week's recap:
Wally Backman is back. Here's the press release and here's a video Wally made.
Dan's photos of the 1986 Tickertape parade.
Here's a new Buffalo Bisons commercial. The Bisons organization still has not given me the courtesy of even writing back to decline the request for a credential. At least write back guys.
The 2010 Mets ticket prices broken down by gold, silver, admantium, and lego.
The Daily News had a great Gooden article.
Good job by Beltran visiting veterans.
Most of us agree the Twins did a great job with their new uniforms. The Royals have new alt-caps. Should the Mets wear blue? Metsblog says we'll see the new uniforms very soon. Worst ever are the Mercury Mets.
The Jets seem desperate to sell seats. The Giants are a bit itchy too.
I'd lose it if the Mets did what the Nets did.
It was a great week for the off-season, welcome to all the new folks who have discovered the site! Thanks everyone!
- The compilation post of pictures of our Citi Field walkaround
- The midseason update to Citi Field pictures can be found here.
- Tour of The Mets Team Store
- Yankee Stadium being demolished
- The Uncensored Unofficial Guide To Citi Field
- Inside the Acela Club
- Inside the Caesar's Club
- Has the novelty worn off Citi Field?
- Citi Field in McCartney mode.
- Photo Tour of Jackie Robinson Rotunda
- Tour of the '47 Shop
- Uniform Unanimity...and commenting.
- Look at this picture I took in the Yankees store and how it disses Mets fans.
- Mets Uniform Survey Part one and part two.
- Mets Police guide to being cheap about parking near Citi
- Suggestions for new traditions at Citi
- Shopping at the team store (10 part photo series)
- 1969 jerseys
- Yankee Stadium guides and parking tips.
An updated compilation of obstructed views at Citi Field
Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com