Wednesday, December 16, 2009

(0) Comments

Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #60)

Next up in our series is Damien.



1. When did you start following the Mets?


My earliest vivid baseball memories were around 1988, when I was eight.  That NLDS sticks pretty well.  I was born into being a Mets fan via my mother and some of my earliest memories are baseball geekdom, so I imagine it was when I became cognizant of the world around me in the early eighties.


2. What is your favorite Mets memory?

Off the top of my head, the Mets clinching the World Series birth in 2000 was pretty great.  I was living in a dorm in Brooklyn and I just remember rampaging through the halls making a ton of noise and having a great time.  The whole 1999 playoffs were great too.


3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?

Watching Carlos Beltran take strike three looking in the 2006 NLCS.  I was at Resevior in Manhattan and the place was packed shoulder to shoulder.  It was probably the most tragic sports-related moment of my life, and I'm sure many other diehards.


4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what
would it be?


CitiField.  Hate the name, hate how you walk into a rotunda in honor of a man who never played a game for the Mets, hate how expensive the seats are and the ridiculous tiered pricing, hate how otherwise Dodger-centric it is.  Put up a Tom Seaver statue, retire some numbers, and actually honor OUR history and I'll put more consideration in hopping on the 7 train after work. 


5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing 
you would change?


Demote Omar Minaya to advanced scout and bring in some guys who understand and appreciate advanced statistics.  Assuming owning the team tomorrow implies no Wilpons, I would simultaneously do some stadium revisions as well.


Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #60)"

Post a Comment