1. When did you start following the Mets?
As far back as I can remember I have been a Mets fan. I'm going to say around 1985 when I was 9 years old.
2. What is your favorite Mets memory?
I would say the run through the 1986 playoffs. Even though I was only 10 at the time I can remember those great games with Houston and then off course the World Series Victory.
3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?
2006 loss to the Cardinals in the playoffs. I still have that image of Beltran taking strike three in my head. It still hurts.
4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what would it be?
I think the team needs to cater to it's fan base a bit more. I know they are making attempts to fix this now, but I find it unacceptable that the Mets poured all this time, effort and money into a new stadium and completely ignored the teams history.
5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing you would change?
The uniforms. No more black Jerseys and black hats. Two uniforms. White w/ Pinstripes at home and Greys on the road. Thats it. I understand the need for the black jersey from a marketing and sales perspective but the players are not wearing them anymore.
BTW - I like the work you do at
Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com