Monday, December 28, 2009

(1) Comments

Great photo of 1962 Mets uniform with Mets underlined

Once again it's time for "honor among bloggers."

First check out Uni Watch from where I found this link.

Then go to the link to view Casey Stengel holding up the Mets uniform in January 1962 - except note the underline (or "swoosh" as Osh41 calls it).  Who knew?  Maybe if we had known we wouldn't have hated on the swoosh jerseys so much in the 1990s.

Here's the modernish version.  

Question for the (other) black haters - would you trade underlines (and use the Casey rationalization) for no black?  I would.   Given how awful the team looks these days, this doesn't look so bad now.  At least it's blue.



Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
1 Response to "Great photo of 1962 Mets uniform with Mets underlined"
Anonymous said :
December 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM
I associate the underline with the terrible 1990s.
I'm not a fan of the black, but I associate it with the Piazza era.

I have better memories of the black uniforms, so they're less obnoxious to me.

Post a Comment