Tuesday, December 29, 2009

(3) Comments

Obstructed views at Mets game are tradition

How about this awesome find!



With all the talk of obstructed views at Citifield and whether the tickets should be labelled as such, I found this ticket stub from the Polo Grounds 1963. The obstructed view obviously was a girder and that was my seat. These seats were only sold during a sellout so there must of been over 55,000 there. Also note that there is no game or date designation for these seats.
 
Frank          








This is a shot from an actual seat at Wrigley Field.  Surprisingly it was unused so I sat down and snapped this pic.  I imagine the Polo Grounds had similar issues.  


Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
3 Responses to "Obstructed views at Mets game are tradition"
BPALM said :
December 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM
Fenway has the same issues as well, sat maybe a row behind the the pole and couldn't see 2nd base without leaning.
Ceetar said :
December 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM
And who says the Mets don't honor their roots?
Anonymous said :
December 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM
You know I am glad you posted this. I know Citi Field has some obstructed views (some very bad) but some of them are just whining. I don't know how many times I sat at Shea and had a rail right in front of me. (maybe I was just too short) and can we remember the field level seats? Sitting in a nice box seat in left field left you staring out into Centerfield and the apple. Ok, not obstructed, but not a fan friendly view either.

Post a Comment