Thursday, December 03, 2009

(4) Comments

Why I Renewed My Phillies Tickets

SS

I have a Phillies partial plan.

I had it last year, and I renewed it for 2010.

Am I a traitor to the cause?  Nope, a capitalist.

Last year I had tickets to 15 games.  You know how many I used?  None.   Sold every single one on Stubhub.  Sold my playoff seats too...and the World Series.   I made good cash.  That cash off-set my horrible over-purchase of Mets tickets, tickets that I had planned to use.  You all know how 2009 went.

The 2010 plan I bough is for 14 games.  Unlike certain other teams, they are all on Sunday.  The Phillies give me every single Sunday.  No more, no less.  Three of those are Mets games.   I plan to use those.

As for the other 11 games?  Sure I'm taking a financial risk.  I could always attend the games...it's a nice park, I like cheesesteaks, and there's nothing wrong with a Sunday baseball game (unless ESPN ruins it.)

As the Phillies point out in their letter, they sold out 73 times in 2009, in a hideous economy.   They are still the NL champs, I doubt I will get stuck with too many Sunday tickets.

Am I funding the enemy?   Hey if my $400 is the difference between the Mets or Phillies winning the division, y'all can blame me.

My Mets invoice is still sitting unreturned.

Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
4 Responses to "Why I Renewed My Phillies Tickets"
Anonymous said :
December 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Makes total sense to me!
meech.one said :
December 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Just admit that you love the Phillies and lets be done with it.
Unknown said :
December 3, 2009 at 8:46 PM
You should invest the money you earn in mace, Shannon, if you're gonna be in the company of Philthies fans...no fan base creeps me out more (except for Cowboy and Yankee frontrunners).
SS said :
December 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Ha. Well I never went in 2009. I may attend the Mets games but I won't be there for Phils-Nats.

Post a Comment