Sunday, January 03, 2010

(0) Comments

Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #79)


As we near the end of the series...here's Don.
First off, Great site! I've been following for awhile now, and as a long suffering fan, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I figured I'd take a stab at the 5 questions.


1. When did you start following the Mets?
Back in the early 80s. I come from a family of Yankee fans, but since I grew up in Woodside, it was easier for Pops to take me to Shea. I was hooked in 86 when I was in 5th Grade and never looked back.
2. What is your favorite Mets memory?
I was at Game 5 of the NLCS, or the Grand Slam Single Game, as it's better known. We spent 15 innings in the rain, but the electricity in the building and in the parking lot afterwards was like nothing I'd experienced before or since.
3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?
My last game at Shea. It was a rainout makeup game against The Pirates in August 2008. The Mets had built a comfortable 5 run lead , only to see the bullpen blow the game. I left when Heilman surrendered the tying run, because I couldn't stand to watch anymore. I hugged a steel girder on the way out, said my goodbyes to the building that had meant so much to me during the first 30 years of my life, and I went home.
4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what 
would it be?
Once, just once. I'd love to out do The Yankees in Free Agency.
5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing 
you would change?
I'd clean house in the front office. Omar and Co. have run the team and farm system into the ground. It's needs to be totally rebuilt. You'd also see a few more numbers hanging in the Outfield. 8, 17 and maybe even 1.

Thanks, and keep up the good work,
Don L



Main Mets Police page
Subscribe to The Mets Police by Email
Get Mets Police via reader/RSS
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
Contact: shannon at metspolice.com (Guest posts welcome!)
Share Photos: pictures at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #79)"

Post a Comment