Tuesday, January 05, 2010

(0) Comments

Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Final)

The time has come to wrap up our "Five Questions" series...and our final average fan is me.



1. When did you start following the Mets?

I met Seaver as a kid, say four years old, and barely remember it but always treasured the memory.   I was more cognizant of what was going on by the time I started collecting cards in 1977.   I definitely was bothered by the Seaver trade.

2. What is your favorite Mets memory?

So many...Mazzilli in the All Star Game, the day they retired #41, meeting Tom as an adult (a great story I'll save for a rainy day) but it would have to be Seaver walking down the right field line on Opening Day in 1983.

3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?

September 11th 1987.  The Mets had battled back all season long, and Terry Pendleton hit that home run.  We're still waiting for that third ring.

4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what would it be?

I hate to give a boring answer to the regular leaders but the Mets would wear blue caps with white pinstriped uniforms, no dropshadow.

5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing you would change? 

Mr. Howard, please come with me.  I'd like to show you the Promenade.



Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Final)"

Post a Comment