Sunday, January 03, 2010

(1) Comments

Jeff Wilpon wants the Winter Classic at Citi Field

From the Post....as I mentioned the other day I think it would be awesome, but there's no chance of Islanders-Rangers in my opinion.  I'm surprised the 2011 game isn't already scheduled.


Slap Shots has learned that if the NHL wants to bring the Winter Classic to New York on the first day of 2011, Jeff Wilpon already has notified the commissioner that the Mets are ready, willing and able to host it at Citi Field.
"I've had several conversations with Commissioner Bettman and have informed him that we'd love to have the game," Wilpon, the Mets' COO, told us by phone on Thursday. "Gary has told me that he and his team will come out and do a site visit early in the year, so I know that we are going to be under consideration."

Read more: in the Post

Main Mets Police page
Subscribe to The Mets Police by Email
Get Mets Police via reader/RSS
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
Contact: shannon at metspolice.com (Guest posts welcome!)
Share Photos: pictures at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
1 Response to "Jeff Wilpon wants the Winter Classic at Citi Field"
Anonymous said :
January 3, 2010 at 10:34 AM
I think Citi Field is a much better place to have it than Yankee Stadium, and I'm sure they want to have it in NY. (Although they really should have it in Canada one of these years..)

Islanders will have the young star in John Tavares to show off too.

Post a Comment