This John Smoltz to the Mets rumor is going around, and let me weigh in with another one-of-mysure-to-be-unpopular opinions.
I don't want Smoltz on the team. He's a Brave.
I'd like to win, but I don't want to win with John Smoltz on the mound for Game 7. Sure, I'll take it if I get it, but it's not the way I want to win. I can't imagine myself waving at John Smoltz as he rides down the Canyon of Heroes. Same way I don't want Jeter on the Mets in 2013. What would the point be?
I'm still itchy to move the site to Wordpress so that it will work better and look prettier. I might do that next weekend. I have a lot of travel later in the month and I'm hesitant to be on the road (and busy) using a new system. This one is increasinly buggy but I know how to fix it.
I have an interesting meeting this week that might motivate me to just jump in the pool and go. I'm looking forward to that one, and that's all I can give you for now, but I bet you'll be jazzed.
Don't forget you can Subscribe to The Mets Police by Email or
There's always time to Share Your Mets Pictures at email@example.com and bloggers are encourgaed to take part in Meet the Mets Bloggers, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the weekly look at the most popular and some you may have missed.
Rangers jersey right near the top of the press conference. I think they were really trying to convince the NHL to have the Winter Classic at Citi.
I liked this Sports Illustrated article because of the George Foster stuff, but it got people bananas upset.
The list of Mets traditions is unimpressive.
This shouldn't have gotten lost but it did in the Bay stuff - you'll dig this collection of Mets pennants.
Pictures of the 1986 Tickertape parade, which did not feature John Smoltz wearing a 1986 Mets jacket.
Banner Day, 1978 and a decent rant.
The 1978 Yearbook Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Mr. Met, Pedro and my mom is a great read and always a popular item.
I want to go to a game with David Howard. Really, and I'll be nice,
There's been a fair amount of Ticket Office anecdotes lately
Selig wants a World Series of the World.
Still popular: Dan wrote a letter to the Mets, and the Mets responded. Great read.
- the locker room and cool pool table in the clubhouse
pics of the trainer's room!
- Uniform stuff: David Wright version out in the wild.
- And the Beltran version
- You can get a nameless replica for $79.99 here.
- Here's some pics of Shea dying.
- Uniwatch Blog did the greatest rip job of the Wilpons and black uniforms ever.
- The 2010 Mets Ticket Plans and prices were released.
- Dan's photos of the 1986 Tickertape parade.
- The compilation post of pictures of our Citi Field walkaround
- The midseason update to Citi Field pictures can be found here.
- Yankee Stadium being demolished
- The Uncensored Unofficial Guide To Citi Field
- Inside the Acela Club at Citi Field
- Inside the Caesar's Club at Citi Field
- Earlier this year the Mets did a Uniform Survey Part one and part two.
- Mets Police guide to being cheap about parking near Citi
- cool 1969 jerseys
- An updated compilation of obstructed views at Citi Field
- Heres some photos of Yankee Stadium dying a slow sad death
- Mr. Met, Pedro and my mom
Main Mets Police page
Subscribe to The Mets Police by Email
Get Mets Police via reader/RSS
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Contact: shannon at metspolice.com (Guest posts welcome!)
Share Photos: pictures at metspolice.com