Thursday, January 07, 2010

(2) Comments

Share your Mets pictures: Shea Stadium edition


Here's some more photos from Tom - this one of the final Friday night at Shea.   What's that ugly thing off in the distance?  Is it me or is Shea looking better with age? So odd.









And if the Mets can come back in the 9th inning, we'll make the playoffs and have a great closing ceremony here on Shea's final day!

Tom observes there's blue Mets caps in both these pictures.  Blue Cap Army unite!

Share your shots: pictures@metspolice.com





Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
2 Responses to "Share your Mets pictures: Shea Stadium edition"
Unknown said :
January 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Call me crazy, but I've always thought Shea was a good looking park. Sure the concessions and the bathrooms were not great, but the parts that mattered, the field, the seats, the views... I loved 'em. No problems with them at all and I sat everywhere in the park.

I bet in 30 years people look back at Shea and think, "Wow, I wish we had stadiums now where everyone could see the outfielders and where seats were plentiful enough that people didn't have to break the bank to afford a game."

I miss you, Shea Stadium.
DyHrdMET said :
January 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM
No good picure of Shea has Citi Field in the background. Shea was beautiful. In a few days, Shannon will post my answers to the questions for the Mets fan bloggers, and get to hear all about my blog, RememberingShea.

Post a Comment