Thursday, January 21, 2010

(2) Comments

Yay, a bar at Citi Field!

Wow, my brain didn't register this nugget from Mets Blog earlier today when Matt posted:

This week’s MetsBlog poll, presented by McFadden’s, which will soon be opening a new bar in Citi Field, accessible from the street and from inside the ballpark...


That's awesome.  We'll actually have somewhere to hang out before and after Mets games!!!  Well, I assume, I mean the Mets couldn't screw up a bar, right?

Now hopefully McFadden's will treat Mets fans with respect and not sell us $15 bottles of beer.  We all understand it won't be dollar drafts, but somewhere there's a respectful medium between ballpark prices and being honorable.

I bet this will be a big hit...maybe we have found a meeting place for the Blue Cap Army Opening Day Gathering, details TBD.  Anyone up for meeting at the bar?

Wow I can't believe I said "meet at the bar" for a Mets game.  Let's see what this McFadden's might look like...let's visit the Philly version.


This was the first image in the photo gallery.  I will refrain from commenting because I'm hoping to sway McFadden's to welcome our Blue Cap Army for the opener.











It's hard to find a shot of the actual bar...or maybe I stink at searching...well, I guess we'll know Opening Day.









Main Mets Police page
Subscribe to The Mets Police by Email
Get Mets Police via reader/RSS
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
Contact: shannon at metspolice.com (Guest posts welcome!)
Share Photos: pictures at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
2 Responses to "Yay, a bar at Citi Field!"
BPALM said :
January 21, 2010 at 11:55 PM
McFadden's is on 42nd St and 2nd or 3rd Abe. Very much reminds me of a college bar. Girls dancing on the bar packed with women. I will assume it will be a different atmosphere at the ballpark but it won't be high end like that first pic may suggest
Ceetar said :
January 22, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Well, Citi Field beer is very reasonable. And the best selection in the majors. I doubt McFaddens will be much cheaper.

(btw, Chickie and Petes is just a short walk from the Phillies stadium, and much better. Funny how the best things about Citizen's Bank Ballpark are actually outside the park. )

Post a Comment