Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(1) Comments

Ron Hodges Night

You would think that with all the hoopla, and the rotunda and all, that MLB could have scheduled the Dodgers to play at Citi Field tonight....and would it kill the Dodgers to wear Brooklyn uniforms or hats?  

The Dodgers were the Mets opponent the first year of Jackie Robinson night and I thought they should have worn the B's then...I figured they were afraid to stir up the Brooklynites....but they did wear Brooklyn stuff in spring training (I think) a few years back.

It was this time last year when the Mets all wore #42, with no names on the back.   That was the occasion that got me motivated to start the blog.  Yeah I'm pathetic, but I'm a traditionalist who hates names on the back (especially at home), and if there's ever a night to wear names, it's when everyone is wearing the same number.   Maybe the Mets were honoring the great Ron Hodges?

Jackie was a great man.   Schedule the Dodgers in New York every year and make them wear B's.   I think that would be better than everyone wearing #42.

Happy Anniversary to the Mets Police!



www.metspolice.com
@metspolice
1 Response to "Ron Hodges Night"
VIC said :
April 15, 2009 at 7:10 AM
I LOVE THIS SITE, KUDOS TO THE GENTLEMAN WHO GAVE ME THE CARD TO THIS WEBSITE. SEE YOU ON THE 28TH FOR THE MARLINS GAME.

Post a Comment