Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(1) Comments

Low Demand For Mets and Yankees On Stubhub?

From Monday  (I wanted to focus on the season opener Monday and save something for day-after-off-day)...

Bloomerberg wrote about how expensive the new stadiums  are to the "average fan" but I found it interesting that there's no demand on tickets.   I have a bunch up on Stubhub myself (both stadiums) and with the exception of the Citi opener....I'm having a similar lack of success.


Sion Nuseiri, an accountant from Brooklyn, said he bought two season tickets with the idea of selling off enough to wind up with a profit. Instead, the offers he gets are below the $15- $35 face value for his tickets. The price varies with the Mets’ opponent.
“I actually thought I would make some money,” Nuseiri, 23, said in an interview. “Every time I put something on Craigslist, people are trying to lowball me.” 

The rest is here.

Now before you ask me why I have tickets on stubhub....(a) I have a family and sometimes I can't go.  Should I blow off my kid's birthday?  and (b) I am not a millionaire and getting $200 back for my "extra" opening day ticket went a long way.

“I am sitting in my seat for $325, and you are sitting next to me and only paying $200 for that ticket,” he said. ‘ I will have no way of knowing it was the (Yankees) team who slashed the price and dumped them.”

I am starting to think about going back to ebay.  The 15% that stubhub costs means you really have to overprice the tickets just to break even.   Stubhub, the official ticket scalping home of MLB.

www.metspolice.com
@metspolice
1 Response to "Low Demand For Mets and Yankees On Stubhub?"
Alan Slutsky said :
April 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM
In Dec. I bought 2 tix for 8 games from a full season-holder on Craig's list. Face plus 7.5% in Section 109. First game this Sat. Good deal for both.

Post a Comment