Tuesday, November 24, 2009

(0) Comments

Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #27)

Whew, another busy off-season day.
Back to the Five Questions....#27 is Craig Swan's number...and Michael is the 27th fan in our informal survey.


1. When did you start following the Mets?
I don't remember a specific time or moment. I was too young to really care about '86. I sensed the excitement in the house, but it didn't mean much personally. I was brought to more and more games as I got older, and it was just right.
2. What is your favorite Mets memory?
Being at Shea for Ventura's Grand Single. I was 17, and me and a friend got tickets randomly through a friend of a friend. Being in the stands for Endy's catch was amazing as well, although the feeling not lasting very long puts it a distant second.
3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?
The last games of '07 and '08 were pretty bad. Not being there in '07 blocked some of the pain, and the Shea Goodbye ceremony and the deja vu helped in '08, so I'm going to say game 7 in '06, despite all the good feelings from that year. To get so close, to have the bases loaded, to have Endy's catch, and then have it all taken away so fast as we all silently exited the building and drove home was horrible. The hawker trying to sell me a Cardinals cap outside didn't help either.
4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what would it be?
I would harp on the Mets being about "New York Baseball" honoring each and every team from the Giants and the Dodgers to the Federal League and Negro League teams. Everyone except the Yankees, who were transplanted from Baltimore.
5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing you would change?
I'd fire Dan Warthen and Jerry Manuel. It's not often an owner can snap his fingers and make the team better.


That's it for today....tomorrow more Mets Turkeys, more responses to the Five Questions, and likely more uniform stuff.

Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #27)"

Post a Comment