Monday, November 23, 2009

(0) Comments

Who Decided To Ignore Mets History In The First Place?

Osh41 weighs in even though he can't remember his official Mets Police log-in.  He has one, and represented us proudly by winning the Mets Trivia at the Two Boots thing.  Here's Osh..


I am happy to hear the news about the 'club history' additions to Citi Field, it was an open wound from the day I stepped into Citi Field for the exhibition game between St. John's and Georgetown what feels like ages ago. 
 
That day I noticed, and if you archive search Mets Police, I gave my initial reactions to the park and to paraphrase myself  'I dont see much Mets stuff in here, but hey the official opener is a few weeks away, today is really about testing toilets and seeing how the place works with people inside - I will give them the benefit of the doubt that Mets themed stuff is on the way.'
 
But then nothing happened - yes David Howard a band-aid was put on later in the year - a forced and rushed effort I might add.
 
Which leads me to this question - if David Howard can say in a press release that 'yes we recognize our fans comments and continue to add Mets history to the park that we began last year'- then I ask:
 
'Whose decision was it to NOT have the franchise's history recognized in the park??'  This is a fair question - they say they recognize our wishes - then who was the person who didn't choose to put stuff up around the park' ???
 
The Mets said they went to ballparks all over the country to get ideas - I check the team sites, I look at baseball-fever.com and see other pics of parks - these stadiums acknowledge their teams history the park.  Why didn't the Mets pick up on this?  I mean the Phillies acknowledge the Philly A's more than the Mets acknowledged their own team for pete's sake.
 
I am over the moon that these things are happening but I am still annoyed that it had to come to this - the Mets were forced to do these things, I saw no evidence of anything being done until the fans started to call the radio stations and hit the blogs.  Putting a bad product on the field didnt help.
 
I just get the feeling that ownership - that's you Fred - wishes he owned the Dodgers instead of the team he owns now, the New York Mets.  Fred - let me break something to you - the Dodgers and Giants told the City of New York that it wasn't good enough for them and packed their bags and left.  Where I come from if I get treated like that I don't look back with fondness.  I am from New York and love it with all my heart - either embrace the club you have or sell it to someone else who will acknowledge that the people who watch the games and buy the tickets are not doing it because they have a hole in their baseball heart for the Giants and Dodgers who left - they have a love for the team that is here now.  To quote Gene Hackman in 'Hoosiers' - 'THIS IS YOUR TEAM'.
 
Now just don't screw up the retro uniforms please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are on a good roll now, don't mess it up.  DITCH THE BLACK
 


Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Who Decided To Ignore Mets History In The First Place?"

Post a Comment