1. I started following in '68 in a cursory way because my older brother was a fan (I was 7), but truly, I started following them daily in '69.
2. Favorite memory? On a Friday night in late September '73, sitting directly behind home plate, in the last row of the upper deck when the Mets beat the Pirates to take over 1st place. My friend and I started chanting we're No 1! and pretty soon the whole stadium was chanting. Did we REALLY start the chant? I don't know, but that's my memory
3. IWorst memory? was in the stands when Pendleton hit the home run in '87. That's it.
4. If you could change one thing off-field? The drafting, developing and showing patience with young talent. That includes paying above slot in the drafts. Prospects often become players, not just chips to trade away.
5. IIf you owned the team? I'd look at other team's farm systems, figure out who is doing it best, and try to steal away their people to run our minor league system. That's where it starts.
If you are visiting The Mets Police for the first time, welcome.
This blog aims to be a little different. We're less likely to complain about a pitching change than we are likely to complain about what the pitcher was wearing.
We're about Mets history and tradition. We'd like to see a Seaver statue at Citi Field. We'd like the black uniforms to go away. We'd like the team to always treat the fans with respect.
We're just regular old Mets fans like you who have migrated from the uppers to the Promenade where we were saddened when we found plexiglass. Finally, for all our complaining we just want the franchise to win the World Series (while nicely dressed).
The site is updated several times a day, usually morning, noon, and night (cliche but true) with other items as they come in.
Mets Police in no way claims to be news nor accurate, including anything to which we link. It's just a blog. Read the blog and/or take our advice at your own risk.
We strongly encourage everyone to support the New York Mets and their business partners, just don't wear a black jersey while doing so.
You get to pick 5 Mets. Who's your top 5? Doesn't this picture just make you happy? Click it and weigh in.
Most Popular (Jan 17)
New batting practice caps for 2010, Jason Bay t-shirts, McGwire shocks the world by announcing he took steroids, Beltrangate and more. Click the pic.
I asked fans for a list of Mets traditions, and we didn't come up with many. How is Banner Day any harder to have than a Mr. Met Dash? Either way it's people walking on dirt. Click the pic for the list.
Ticket office anecdotes
A collection of anecdotes related to Mets tickets, and my suggestion the Mets return 7 game packs and make Promenade Left the place to be. Click the pic.
1986 Tickertape Parade
Dan's photos from the 1986 tickertape parade. You know, 25 seasons ago when the Mets won?
My Mets man-date wish
Call me nutty, and I don't expect him to say yes or even know about this..but here's who I'd like to see a game with. Click the link and I'll tell you what we'll do.
Pix: trainer's room + clubhouse
Jimmy went on the season ticket holder's tour and took some photos including the Mets clubhouse and the infamous trainer's room. Click the pic.
The Mets Respond To Our Letter
Dan from Mets Police wrote the Mets a letter, Craig Marino the VP of Guest Experience called him back, and responded to many of our criticisms. A must read, click the pic.