Tuesday, December 08, 2009

(0) Comments

Scott's Letter To The New York Mets

SS

Another fan has shared an invoice-related letter.   I know I have become the mayor of Crankytown, but I think there's a problem in Metsland.  The natives are restless.


Here's Scott's letter.



Dear Mr. Ianniciello:

After reading your recent letter and invoice which you sent to me, I wanted to take a minute to write back.  It’s unfortunate as judging by the materials you sent me; it seems you weren’t at many Mets games this past season. If you were, you may have noticed the level of dissatisfaction with the fans… or more importantly the empty seats which tend to show more emotion than any disgruntled fan ever could.  


            Let me start by saying that the seats you provided me with last year had an obstructed view of the outfield.  No matter how you care to word this, I could not see part of the field from my seats, nor was I told this prior to my purchase.  This deceptive practice alone was enough to make me question future renewal or purchase of any Mets tickets.  It’s unfortunate that we have a new stadium, which has many positive qualities to it, yet is marred by countless numbers of views such as the one I had. These seats need to be classified as obstructed view.  Whether you change the pricing on them is your prerogative; however I strongly suggest you do.  


            Your price for parking is obscene and the concessions are overpriced, with the quality being average at best with some lines that lasted over three innings.  When lines are that long and do not change throughout the season, it shows a lack of organization and a lack of caring.  I realize that other teams in the area also charge similar rates for parking and food, but just because they don’t care doesn’t mean you have to join them.  I urge you to be different and stand out from the greed.  That’s what builds loyalty and future fans.   Let’s face it; a kid would have a tough time earning enough money to attend more than one Mets game a season without their parents help.  Is that really the kind of organization you want to be?


            As for the product on the field, yes injuries happen and yes bad years come every now and then, however your product is not priced accordingly.  If you want to be priced as one of the top tickets in baseball, you also need to consistently produce one of the top teams in baseball.  I understand last year was different in pricing as this new ball park was a big question mark in many ways and you priced it accordingly.  However, after sitting through a full season, if you truly think the price decrease you offered me is in line with everything that occurred, once again I am not sure anyone in your office actually went to a game.  Some tickets were going for .05 on the dollar last year on the secondary market.


            All that being said, I have found other high school, college, and minor league teams who actually care that I show up as a fan, rather than how much money I bring into the park.  I respectfully decline my invoice that you offered me, however I know you probably have people beating down the door to get into those seats, so please do offer it to them.  When you get serious about running a successful organization that cares about the fans more than money, please do feel free to get back to me.  Until then, best of luck, as I know you will need it.



Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Scott's Letter To The New York Mets"

Post a Comment