Tuesday, December 01, 2009

(0) Comments

Tommy Henrich Dead at 96

SS

I was sorry to hear about the passing of Tommy Henrich.  I think this quote from Yogi Berra says it all...more info at mlb.com 
"Tommy was a darn good ballplayer and teammate," Hall of Famer Yogi Berra, Henrich's teammate for five seasons, said in a statement. "He always took being a Yankee to heart. He won a lot of championships and did whatever he could to help us win. When I came up in 1947, he taught me little nuances about playing the outfield.
Made me wonder who the oldest living Met is....I believe the answer may be Yogi Berra!  


Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Tommy Henrich Dead at 96"

Post a Comment