Monday, November 23, 2009

(0) Comments

Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #20)

Next up for Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan...here's Jordan.


1. When did you start following the Mets?


- 1995, when I was 6 years old

2. What is your favorite Mets memory?


- Seeing Timo Perez jumping in CF at Shea Stadium to catch the final out of the 2000 NLCS to send the Mets to the World Series

3. What is your worst Mets memory or experience?


- For some reason I loved Lance Johnson as a kid and when he was traded I remember crying. That or watching Armando Benitez blow game 1 of the 2000 World Series.

4. If you could change one off-field thing about the franchise what would it be?


- I would really like for ONE person from the Front Office to report on team activities, ideally a competent GM. I feel that most other organization's GMs do the talking and everyone else drops the occasional line or two. With the Mets I feel like I see Omar, Fred (Not so much anymore), Jeff, and now John Ricco chiming in.

5. If you owned the team starting tomorrow, what is the first thing you would change?


- I would get people who are of the moneyball mode. I would blend the old baseball types with the new super educated stat people. In addition, I would put vast resources into developing the Minor Leagues by overslotting and seeking out the best in minor league instructors. My goal would be to combine new stat techniques with the finanical backing the Mets have (This assumes I had as much money as the Wilpons)



Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Five Questions For An Average Mets Fan (Fan #20)"

Post a Comment