A few points:
You have David Wright telling me that "we believe in ORANGE BLUE AND YOU."
Awesome. Then let's wear orange and blue and you'll get the me part. "Orange, blue and you" is now in your marketing so let's keep the black jerseys and especially those hideous blue/black caps in the closet.
"We believe in comebacks." Ok, I'll roll with you.
"We believe in two thousand and ten." Pet-peeve of mine, drop the "and" - plus it's time to say "twenty ten." I'm off-topic.
I can't embed the video. As I discussed last week, if I were able to embed an MLB.com video, baseball would likely go out of business. Why would they want to make it easy for me to share a marketing campaign with you......
...and then make you sit through a 30 second ad to see it. I know we have to monetize everything (and yes I try to make a few bucks here and there on this site...wouldn't you like to buy some Jets tickets over there on the right?)...but it's a marketing campaign, don't you want people to see it?
Is it me, or do they whip out "believe" a little too often, I'd argue that it's ours but Tug took it with him to Philly. (Speaking of Tug, come back this afternoon for a look at cool Tug jersey).
Orange, blue and you. I am sure I will be quoting that about 10,000 times in Twentyten.
In case you're wondering...here's some quality yet suspect Wikipedia:
- "Inaugural Season at Citi Field" (2009)
- "Last Season at Shea" (2008)
- "Your Season Has Come."(2007)
- "The Team. The Time. The Mets." (2006)
- "Next Year is Now" (2005)
- "The New Mets" (2005)
- "Catch the Energy" (2004)
- "Always Believe" (2002)
- "Amazin' Again" (2000)
- "Are You Ready? New Year, New Team, New Magic" (1999)
- "Show Up At Shea!" (1998)
- "Believe in the '98 Mets!" (1998)
- "Generation K" (1995)
- "Hardball Is Back!" (1992)
- "Excellence. Again And Again" (1989)
- "Lets Go for it Again" (1988)
- "Lets Do it Again" (1987)
- "Baseball Like it Oughta Be" (1986)
- "Catch the Rising Stars" (1985)
- "There's No Power Shortage Here" (1983)
- "The Magic is Back" (1980)
- "You Gotta Believe!" (1973)
- "Meet the Mets." (1962)
Again, click here to get closer to the video - hunt for the needle in the haystack (bottom right), then sit through an ad, then buy tickets.
Main Mets Police page
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
send ideas/guest columns to shannon at metspolice.com