Friday, January 15, 2010

(2) Comments

A fun challenge from Amazin' Avenue

SS

I like Amazin' Avenue,  They do a great job, and are kind enough to link here.  They busted my balls when I suggested Jose Reyes won't be ready Opening Day (we'll see...and I actually hope you guys are right and I'm exposed as a pessimistic dope) but here's a good challenge via Amazin' Avenue.

The Cyclones have designed a new logo. It is reminiscent of the Brooklyn Dodgers. I can't wait to read Mets Police's 20 post series in response to the lack of Met history.

Dan, my cohort in blogging and a big Cyclones fan is away this week, and I was planning on redesigning the blog this weekend...but it is a three day weekend, this seems like a fun challenge.  I'm tempted to accept.

20, huh?  Anyone want to help with some guest posts?

Click some Applesauce on Amazin' Avenue

Main Mets Police page
Subscribe to The Mets Police by Email
Get Mets Police via reader/RSS
Follow us on twitter @metspolice
Facebook page
Contact: shannon at metspolice.com (Guest posts welcome!)
Share Photos: pictures at metspolice.com

Bookmark and Share
2 Responses to "A fun challenge from Amazin' Avenue"
Anonymous said :
January 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM
Why should the Cyclones be the repository of Mets history in the first place? While the Cyclones are a Mets affiliate, they are a “Brooklyn” baseball team. In a way, the Cyclones have a responsibility to evoke the entire history of “Brooklyn Baseball”, much more so than shilling for the Mets. And, lets be honest, the Brooklyn script has essentially become the boroughs signature, which basically equates to a half century of flipping the Dodgers the “bird” for leaving.

Just the thoughts of a guy who was born up in Washington Heights, with a childhood spread across the Lower East Side, the West Side ( H&H Bagels baby), Astoria, and as a student at Brooklyn Tech.
SS said :
January 16, 2010 at 12:03 PM
I actually pay little attention to the Cyclones and haven't had a chance to check out the new logo to even get upset about it (assuming it would upset me). I just posted it because I liked the chopbusting from Amazin Avenue.

Post a Comment